Saturday, May 3, 2014

All the cool chicks

Novelty fabrics are my absolute favorite, and I'm getting quite a collection of quirky prints.  Somewhere along the way I picked up a dress with a huge rooster embroidered on the pocket, and it started a weird obsession.  I started looking for clothing with prints of chickens, roosters, and even nests with eggs in them.  As soon I saw this 1950s skirt,  I knew it had to be mine!  I'm holding the monopoly of Google images on 1950s rooster prints...so I've got that going for me.
Outfit details:
50s rooster skirt and matching belt:Etsy
1950s cropped sweater: My Sister's Closet in Minneapolis, MN
40s inspired shoes: Miss L. Fire
Celluloid and rhinestone chicken brooch: Etsy
Assorted Bakelite and plastic bangles: Ebay, thrift stores, & The Robot Exchange
Tomorrow my husband and I are giving another talk at the Historic Boulder Preservation Awards in downtown Boulder, CO.  We've also been asked to go to the Iowa State Preservation Conference and present in August.  I'm super excited!
We were also published in Recent Past Preservation Network's magazine called, Connections.  If you'd like to read our piece, the link is here.
 
XOX, Hannah
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How fun to be able to speak about a topic you are immersed in. Love the rooster idea:) You know some of those rooster brooches can be quite pricey as there are quite a few high end designers that also had a fascination with poultry:)) Love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of rooster prints too! What a wonderful skirt!

    And awesome about speaking on something you are so passionate about!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...