Sunday, December 1, 2013

Butterflies and Bomb Shelters

The hubby and I wanted to take advantage of the amazing bomb shelter that I put together for the Pueblo Modern Art Show.  We ended up doing two sets of photos; a story line outfit post and a cheesecake pin up shoot.  Sorry, as much as I love you guys, I will not be including the pin-up photos here.  I'm not ready to appear in my peignoir on the interwebz, as classy as (I swear) the photos were.   I'm breaking my 3 picture rule though, because I loved the way the photos turned out.  The photos are lit using only ambient lighting from the lamps, and a tiny bit of natural sunlight that was coming through a floor grate from the second story.  We used no filter, the warmth in the photos is a result of all that "Mamie pink" we painted the walls.  The dress I'm wearing is a 1950's novelty butterfly print with velvet ribbons that I bought from the Robot Exchange a couple of years ago.
Reading a 1950's edition of "How to Have Charm"
Pouring Scotch
This last photo was totally candid.  I was trying to smash my hair back into place and Wade snapped a photo.  I included it because I think I look like a stoic June Cleaver. :)
Happy Sunday!
xox, Hannah












2 comments:

  1. Fabulous shoot and outfit! I love that pretty pink and black novelty pattern. You're not alone, I really doubt I could bring myself to post lingerie photos online either. I modeled a fashion corset for a giveaway last year, and could only do so quasi-comfortable by wearing a lacy crinoline and a 1950s black velvet wrap with it.

    Big hugs (the first from my new computer :)),
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...