Monday, February 18, 2013

Olive juice (outfit #41)

Wow, I've really fallen behind with these Sunday outfit posts!  No more excuses though, I'll post another outfit tomorrow to get all caught up.  This is a 1960s wiggle dress in an olive colored sweater material.  This was an ebay purchase I made, after a Mad Men  marathon.  When I first started watching the show, I was totally smitten with Joan. I immediately recognized Christina Hendricks as Saffron,  a character on Joss Whedon's short lived (but brilliant) Firefly. I'm a total Whedon-nerd, so I instantly liked the actress.   I'm not sure if it's the fact that she's a confident red-head, or simply because she's oozing with sexuality, but I completely fell in love with her look.  I bought a whole mess of wiggle dresses, which I love, but it made me realize that I am really more of a "Betty" style-wise. 
1960s wiggle dress  mad men Just Peachy, Darling
1960s wiggle dress  Just Peachy, Darling

1960s wiggle dress  Just Peachy, Darling
Corset belt: thrifted
Handmade feather fascinator: birthday gift from a sweet friend
1960s wiggle dress  sewing pattern Just Peachy, Darling


xox, Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Very chic 60s ensemble. You look marvelous! I see elements of both Joan and Betty in your and your style, and totally believe one can embody sartorial qualities of both of these ladies.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful purses against the dark blue wall and wonderful you at the phone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...