Friday, December 14, 2012

10 Goals for 2013

1. Master wearing a beehive!  The clothing of the 40s and 50s is really my cup of tea, but I can't help loving the mod look of the 60s.  Bright colors, ascot collars, knee-high boots, winged liner, and the ever amazing beehive.  There's a certain amount of backcombing and hairspray that is going to take some practice.  2013 is my year to master this style.beehive Betty 1960s Mad Men Just Peachy, Darling

2. Craft some retro inspired accessories. 
retro 1950s DIY accessories tutorial belt headband beaded collar birdcage Just Peachy, Darling

3.  Take a family photo.  No, I'm not talking about the type of photo where we all have matching sweaters and we're sitting strangely in front of aspen trees.  I want an artfully done, funny photo that expresses who we really are as a family.  I'm looking for an excuse to dress the whole family up vintage and find an amazing backdrop.  It's going to take some planning, but I'm determined to make this happen in 2013.
1950s family photo nuclear retro car road trip Just Peachy, Darling

4.Learn to cook the perfect Indian chicken Korma.  After many practice rounds, I figured out how to make a delicious chicken Tikka Masala (in the crockpot no less!)  Now, it's time to find a simple, lovely Korma recipe.
1950s Indian Bollywood film Just Peachy, Darling

5.  Buy a bullet bra!  Yes, that's right.  Every vintage loving girl should own one.  I'm amazed I've made it this far without one.
1950s bullet bra advertisment Just Peachy, Darling

6. Finish my nine year old son's bedroom and blog about it.  It's by far the most difficult to decorate for someone who has opinions about their space, especially when they are contrary to my own.  He's got his own interests and it's certainly been a challenge to meet his needs, and create a space we both like. He's very interested in history, just not "my" particular decades.   Stay tuned...
WWI zeppelin poster German Just Peachy, Darling

7.  Open my Etsy store.  I've already picked and registered the name.  Now I need to create some listings and link up my blog.  I'd love to hear some tips on maintaining a successful online shop, if anyone cares to share.
1950s pink baby dress scallop Just Peachy, Darling

8.  Finally reupholster that amazing "atomic wing back" chair I purchased from the thrift store.  I spotted the coolest turquoise chair.  It was clean, had amazing lines, peg legs, and was only $12!   I got so excited, I forgot to sit on the damn thing.  It was only later I realized that the springs in the seat are not level and it's not comfortable.  I've been afraid to attempt to fix it, so it's been taking up space in my basement.  This is the year, friends.  (similar to this chair)
1950s retro atomic chair Just Peachy, Darling

9. Sew some clothes for the baby girl.  There are plenty of free patterns on the web, as well as some cute vintage ones I've collected.  I'm going to get motivated and make her some pretty things.
baby little girl sewing tutorial retro vintage costume Just Peachy, Darling

10.  Go on a trip with my honey.  It's sometimes really difficult to just get away and go somewhere with my husband.  There's always some force plotting against us, like busy schedules, finding reliable babysitters, and of course money (or lack thereof).  It is so worth it though!  Couples have to dedicate time to try and connect.  It's fun to get to fall in love all over again.  Even if it's just one night away, I vow to make it happen.
retro Palm Springs 1950s postcard vacation Just Peachy, Darling

What are your goals for the new year?

3 comments:

  1. Wowzwers, girl, what awesome list of goals for the year ahead. I really like the variety and range of projects/accomplishments you hope to achieve, and wish you the utmost of success with all of them.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you listed them. Now I can start bugging you about them :) er I mean encouraging you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should make a list too but I think it's gonna be way too long. :))
    Most important thing to do this year is to get pregnant. :)

    To keep a good shop, I would say have nice backgrounds in your pictures, image is everything. Everything should look clean and ironed.
    Always provide sizes and keep the descriptions simple.
    (Not everyday ramblings like "I need money to pay the rent", we all need money.)
    I've been selling online since 2003 and it's been quite fun so far.

    Good luck with it all and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...