Monday, February 20, 2012

Joy to the world

  My brother and his lovely wife just had their first child, a baby girl, on February 10th.  I am so happy for the two of them, and was eager to meet the little sweetie.  I woke up the next morning, ready to drive up North for a visit, only to find mother nature had a sick sense of humor and had coated the roads with snow and ice.  Colorado in February, go figure.  Fortunately, this last Saturday, I was able to head up and meet my niece.  For the sake of my blog, I will call her "Joy", which is her middle name. 
Me holding "Joy" for the first time.

"Joy" (8 days) meets cousin Elowyn (8 months).  Hello, future friend.

Grandma and the proud papa gaze adoringly at "Joy."  What a wonderful addition to our family, welcome to the world baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...